When you are tired of everyday noises and high utility costs every month, it is time to consider replacing your heater. Most companies provide a warranty of around 12 years, and usually, the equipment lasts up to 15 years, a maximum of 20 years. If you are using a heater that is more than 20 years old, it is recommended that regular servicing is done because it poses a serious threat to you and your family. The best option is to replace it after so many years it has worked well, and replace it with a new one.
Time is taken to replace a heater
- The time taken to replace a heater depends on various factors, especially the installer’s level of expertise. Based on the locational setting of your previous heater, the installer needs to make cuttings and alignments to ensure that it fits well.
- If your installer is not good at his job, it might get even more difficult because the wrong installation does not serve any purpose.
- According to the spacing and designing of your home, you can discuss and explain your requirements. It might take up to 5 hours or a few sessions over 2-3 days.
How long will a heater last?
- A heater will typically last for up to 10-15 years, but it largely depends on its use over the years. It doesn’t mean that you have to throw out your heater as soon as it completes 15 years, but you get an idea of the servicing it might require.
- If you’ve forgotten when you bought the heater, you can look for the model number on your equipment or contact your agency from where you purchased it.
Replacement is your last resort
- If you have tried every solution, taken care of timely maintenance, repaired it quite a few times, and still, it is an indication that your heater needs a replacement if it doesn’t work.
- Not replacing a heater can cost you more than actually buying a new one. Your old heater will keep making noises, not work efficiently to keep you comfortable, and also increase your utility costs by a lot. It is better to contact an installation service provider and get it done as soon as possible to ensure your comfort and safety.
- Old heaters’ blue flame usually converts to yellow, which means that there is carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be very hazardous. You and your family will inhale it and face serious health problems.
- Modern heaters are built with utility-saving technology and ensure that your utility bills do not cross limits. Modern service providers also take care of your home design along with comfort. You can contact them to get an estimate and schedule a service. They will come to your house and meet all your requirements at very affordable pricing.
It is recommended to get your heater replacement done by genuine service providers because they have experience and genuinely care about your requirements. One such service is Santana Air Inc; they are available for heating replacement in San Fernando, round the clock, and also provide financing facilities. We also offer heating repair in San Fernando CA, furnace service in San Fernando CA, furnace replacement in San Fernando CA