AC Tune Up in San Fernando, Pacoima, Sylmar, CA and Surrounding Areas
What to Expect From an AC Tune-Up
Each summer, the temperatures rise, and the weather outside becomes swelter. You spend as much time as you can inside with the air conditioner running all the time. You depend on your AC to keep you and your family comfortable. It’s up to you to take care of your air conditioning unit to keep it running smoothly. This means you need to arrange for yearly maintenance and tune-up of your system before the summer cooling season.
Items You Can Expect a Technician to Check During an AC Tune-Up
Yearly maintenance and tune-up of your air conditioning system can help ensure that your system is in tip-top shape. The technician may find that you need minor repairs, saving you the hassle of bigger repairs and an emergency call down the road. You can also ensure the efficiency of the unit, so you don’t spend more on your utility bills than you need to. Here are a few of the items you can expect a technician to check during the visit.
- Inspect and clean the condenser coils
- Visually check the ductwork for tears and cracks in the metal
- Replacement or calibration of your thermostat
- Measure the coolant level and refill as necessary
- Check the condition of the blower motor and its belt
- Tighten and visually inspect all connections to electrical outlets
- Ensure condensate drain is clear of debris and remove any blockage
- Check and lubricate the unit’s moving parts
- Check and clean indoor and outdoor coils
- Clean and replace air filters. It’s a good idea to replace your filter at least every three months and more often if you live with pets or a smoker
- Check system for any needed repairs or part replacements