Heat Pump Service in Pacoima, San Fernando, Sylmar, CA and Surrounding Areas
A heat pump can heat your home using air or liquid for heat transfer rather than heating the air directly with a furnace. The heat pump itself will add heat to or remove heat from the house as necessary to maintain a set temperature while circulating this heat through ducts inside walls and floors to keep your room at a specific temperature. Contact Us Today for Heat Pump Service in Pacoima, San Fernando, Sylmar, CA and Surrounding Areas.
Traditional furnaces only blow hot air into the room, which then loses that heat through insulation and drafty areas in your home’s exterior, such as around doors and windows. Heat pumps, however, circulate warm air throughout flooring and wall vents instead of simply blowing hot air, so less of the warmth dissipates into the air around your home.
Why Do I Need To Have My Heat Pump Serviced?
Though heat pumps work well, they can experience problems because of their complicated nature. Poor installation, overworked heat pump units, and other heat pump issues cause heat pumps to break down or not function as expected.
Luckily, heat pump service professionals, like those at Santana Air Inc, are available to repair heat pumps if you suspect a problem with yours. Some of the most common heat pump problems include:
- The heat pump blowing cold air instead of warm air inside your home despite being set on a higher temperature setting than normal
- Colder rooms in the house compared to others
- Loud noises coming from the outside components of the unit
- Hot areas near vents before or after turning on the heating system
- Heat pumps running constantly but failing to lower room temperature
What Does A Heat Pump Service Entail?
If your heat pump is running well and heating the house properly, you may only need a yearly service visit to replace filters and any other maintenance to keep your heat pump in working order. Our certified technicians will conduct a full inspection of your system to ensure everything is working properly:
- Inspect and change filters
- Remove dirt and debris from ducts, blower, and coil
- Check for and seal any leaks
- Measure the refrigerant and refill if necessary
- Inspect the electrical components and tighten any connections
- Check for adequate airflow
- Lubricate motors
- Inspect belts
- Check if the thermostat is working properly
Heat Pump Repair and Replacement
Because of wear and tear over time, your heat pump may require repairs. If you’ve noticed unusual sounds or if your heat pump isn’t working as it should call Santana Air Inc to schedule an appointment in Pacoima, San Fernando, Sylmar, and surrounding areas.
Heat pumps gradually lose their ability to heat houses over time. A heat pump that’s more than ten years old should be inspected for efficiency. If you’re uncertain if you need a replacement, get an inspection today.
Whatever your heat pump needs are, Santana Air Inc can help.